On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:10:31 -0400
Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > In the Security Options section, I have a piece that looks like
> > this:
> >
> > <Location /printers>
> > Order Allow, Deny
> > Allow From All
> > </Location>
> >
> > Check to make sure that you're allowing your other server to see
> > /printers.  You might want to change to "All" to see if that works,
> > then batten down from there.
> >
> Thanks Patrick, I've gotten printing working from  the client to the
> cups server. Unfortunately, I still can't print from gimp on that
> machine. I've added cups to my USE flags and remerged foomatic,
> ghostscript, gimp-print and gimp without results. Any pointers?

I opened up everything in the security section to allow from all and
deny from none. I can browse the remote cups printer and see it in the
web interface. I can also print test pages from both the server and the
client interface. However, I still get connection refused errors when I
try lpstat -a.

Also, when I try to print anything from an application, I get an lpr:
error: scheduler is not responding error.

I am not sure where to go from here.

--
Ian Truelsen
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]