On Saturday 11 October 2003 04:58 pm, Patrick M Geahan wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > I'm about to start throwing stuff! I can't figure out how to set
> > up my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf on Gentoo#1 so that I can use its
> > printer from Gentoo#2 I've followed a couple of howto's without
> > results and would appreciate some help from someone who has a
> > similar setup. Gentoo#2 is looking to the network for the printer
> > but lpstat -a returns Unable to connect to server: Connection
> > refused
>
> I got this error on my setup until I changed the access control
> rules on the print server.
>
> In the Security Options section, I have a piece that looks like
> this:
>
> <Location /printers>
> Order Allow, Deny
> Allow From All
> </Location>
>
> Check to make sure that you're allowing your other server to see
> /printers.  You might want to change to "All" to see if that works,
> then batten down from there.
>
> -------Patrick M
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:3784715------ Quote of the
> Week: "I probably won't start on the idea, and if I do it will wind
> up being an unfinished project on my personal website featuring
> pictures of my cat." rh2600 on /.

Thanks Patrick, I've gotten printing working from  the client to the
cups server. Unfortunately, I still can't print from gimp on that
machine. I've added cups to my USE flags and remerged foomatic,
ghostscript, gimp-print and gimp without results. Any pointers?
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free