On Sunday, October 12, 2003, at 03:21 PM, Ernie Schroder wrote:

On Sunday 12 October 2003 02:43 pm, Ian Truelsen wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:21:50 -0400

Ernie Schroder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I found the solution to my gimp printing problem in the forums.
For some reasom, gimp is looking for libgimpprint-4.3.18.so and I
had only version 4.3.21.so. Creating the symlink below has solved
the problem. Is this a bug?

ln -s libgimpprintui-4.3.21.so libgimpprint-4.3.18.so

Are you able to print from other applications? Can you print using the lpr command?

Printing from other apps wasn't the problem once the server was set
properly. Just gimp. After linking the libs all is well.
        I guess the question is: is gimp-print-4.3.21 broken? or is it gimp
itself?

I've experience similar problems in the past where an app was looking
for the wrong version of a library. I think it is because when you compiled
gimp you had gimp-print-4.3.18 installed so gimp linked to that version,
but since then you have upgraded to gimp-print-4.3.21 but the gimp is
still looking for version 4.3.18. In the past I was able to fix this by
re-emerging the gimp or what ever app was looking for the outdated
version of a library. Or you could just create a link like you did.

--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free