After I realized that OpenOffice 1.1 was failing because of a lack of disk
space, I decided to see how much free space I had.  I was surprised:

/dev/hda4             7.3G  7.0G  267M  97% /
none                  252M     0  252M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda1              31M   11M   19M  36% /boot

97% used.  What happened to the remainder?  I noticed that the file size of
/var/tmp/portage is 2.3 gigabytes and  /usr/portage is 1.5 gigs.  Can the
following files total 3.5GB (total after subtracting both portage
directories?

sys-kernel/ck-sources
app-editors/vi
media-sound/alsa-tools
sys-fs/jfsutils
media-sound/alsa-utils
sys-fs/reiserfsprogs
sys-fs/xfsprogs
net-www/netscape-flash
app-emulation/wine
dev-perl/perl-tk
x11-base/xfree
net-www/mozilla-firebird
dev-db/mysql
media-libs/alsa-oss
sys-apps/vcron
app-crypt/cryptplug
net-firewall/iptables
net-www/mplayerplug-in
games-action/barrage
net-www/opera
media-sound/xmms
sys-apps/hotplug
app-office/koffice
net-im/kopete
sys-apps/xinetd
dev-php/mod_php
sys-devel/gdb
net-print/foomatic
net-ftp/gftp
x11-terms/eterm
net-www/apache
media-gfx/gimp
sys-kernel/genkernel
media-plugins/alsa-xmms
net-firewall/shorewall
app-text/htmltidy
media-sound/alsa-driver
sys-apps/lvm-user
app-text/ispell
sys-kernel/ac-sources
sys-kernel/vanilla-sources
app-editors/nano
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
sys-apps/pcmcia-cs
sys-apps/grub
kde-base/kde
app-admin/metalog
app-crypt/kgpg
app-crypt/gnupg
net-print/cups
app-portage/gentoolkit
x11-themes/gentoo-artwork
app-editors/quanta
net-www/netscape-plugger
dev-php/php
net-misc/e100
net-www/lynx

How can I reclaim my lost disk space.  I am currently partitioned to run both
Windows (20GB) and Linux(10GB).  Is it possible for me to steal 10 GB from
the Windows partition and give it to Linux?

- --
Kevin Miller, Jr.
Masters of Public Affairs,
Comparative and International Affairs, Information Systems, and Nonprofit
Management,
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Indiana University - Bloomington
http://www.amerasianworld.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mobile: 812-219-5047