At 09:31 AM 10/21/2003, you wrote:
However, whether it's because of work pressure or whatnot, the "fictitious
admin" in my example does not use linux 100% of the time - whether he likes
it or not.

I think I feel this way after subscribing to the debian-user mailing list for so many years. As you know, Debian is rather die-hard "free or else" when it comes to software. I doubt you'll see nforce-audio or nforce-net APT packages (from Debian) anytime soon.

Anyway, many, many of the people on that list suggest that they'd QUIT their job before they'd use "Microsuck's proprietary, insecure, bloatware". I've seen many responses to people commenting that they have to use Windows at work for some reason or another and people tell them to quit !!

I put my family (for some reason I suspect many *nix die-hards are single !! :-) ) before my software ideaology. I'm using WinXP here at work, typing this message in Eudora, and I'm not ashamed of that ! When I get home, I've got (3) Linux boxes, two that dual-boot (one won't much longer). Machine # 4 is my wife's, running XP, and likely to stay that way.

Hall