At 01:03 AM 10/22/2003, you wrote:
>       I tend to differ with you Hall. As Linux gains in popularity, more
> and more presently "windows only" software packages will be ported
> over. In 2 or three years, I think anyone who wants to escape the
> "evil empire will be able to do so easily.
>       Contrary to my signature, There is a Win98 box sitting on the floor
> next to my desk. The only time I fire it up is for a high end CAD
> program that a former employer supplied my with. If I wanted to spend
> some big bucks, I could buy a comparable CAD app for Linux (Pro/E
> Wildfire) but I don't have the cash to spare at this time.
>       Probably within a year, there will be an open source parametric CAD
> application I check the as yet unnamed project's progress from time
> to time) and I will be able to turn the 98 box into an entertainment
> server.

Who's making this secret CAD app ?? Mail me directly if you don't want to say it publically....

As for Pro/E on Linux, how long do you think PTC will remain in business ?? They're on shaky ground and have been for sometime. That's one reason my employer is exploring other 3D-modeling apps (we currently use Pro/E). Think AutoCAD will be ported to Linux anytime soon ?? It *is* THE 2D CAD application in the world.

Hall