Hi Hall

Hall Stevenson wrote:

At 12:16 PM 10/23/2003, you wrote:

You're welcome. It would have run without the updatedb - you just needed to type MozillaThunderbird.

If it's like MozillaFirebird, it gets installed to /opt/MozillaFirebird. By default, that probably isn't in most people's $PATH. I don't think it makes a symlink or anything to /usr/bin. Maybe it does though.

# slocate -i mozilla-thunderbird

showed
/usr/portage/net-mail/mozilla-thunderbird

If installing from tarball I can give it a path to a selected directory. I am inexperienced on 'emerge' and have no idea whether it can be done in the same way as tarball. It YES then HOW

Thanks

B.R.
Stephen