Strange. I only opened TBird about three times but it worked each time as my user. You might check the TBird forums and FAQs.

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:54:02 +0000
 Stephen Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Brett and others

Something strange happened.

I could not restart 'MozillaThunderbird' after closing it. Following file created
as USER
/home/satimis/.thunderbird/default/dlhnoex0.slt/XUL.mfasl

as ROOT
/root/.thunderbird/default/xqsakxdl.slt/XUL.mfasl

Each time I have to delete XUL.mfasl before starting 'MozillaThunderbird' because this file will be re-generate after closing 'MozillaThunderbird' . It took me some time to discover this trick. However I have no idea to stop its regeneration permanently.

B.R.
Stephen

brett holcomb wrote:

You're welcome. It would have run without the updatedb - you just needed to type MozillaThunderbird. The updatedb trick is nice when you can't find where something was installed <G>. I had a brain dead moment and forgot that Thunderbird would be MozillaThunderbird so I used that to find it.