Hello,

I don't know what happened but at some point my KDE desktop completely
froze-up. Couldn't move the mouse but I could still "ALT+Tab" through
programs running at the bottom of the screen. Luckily I had a Console
session open and the only thing that I knew how to do was to do a
"shutdown -ah now" I powered back up and everything was fine.

What is the best way to get out of stuck KDE desktop session and
restart KDE when something in Gentoo freezes the desktop like that?

As well which logs would tell me possibly why this happened?

Thanks,
Jbanks