Think you Spider for this rules, but how can make it work for ppp0 and for eth0 ? should I just add the line
iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i ppp0 -m state --state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED --jump ACCEPT

> iptables -F INPUT
> iptables -F FORWARD
> iptables -F OUTPUT
>
> iptables -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i lo --jump ACCEPT
> iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED --jump ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i ppp0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED --jump ACCEPT

Spider wrote:
begin  quote
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:33:32 -0600
"Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

as a general rule of thumb it is best to run a firewall on all
machines no mater what connection you use you are still at risk

A simple one that works reasonably is this :

iptables -F INPUT
iptables -F FORWARD
iptables -F OUTPUT

iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -A INPUT -i lo  --jump ACCEPT
iptables  -t filter -A INPUT -i eth0 -m state --state
 RELATED,ESTABLISHED --jump ACCEPT

---- This will simply deny all incoming traffic that hasn't originated from the inside. Simple and easy.

//Spider

--