On Wednesday 26 November 2003 21:55, Michael Spohn wrote:
> > > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
> >
> > The x86 is redundant but shouldn't cause a problem.
>
> By a mistake I had this once ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"in my make.conf -
> I changed it two or three weeks ago to: ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
>
> > > FEATURES="sandbox ccache autoaddcvs"
> >
> > sandbox should be okay but try bash with 'FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge
> > bash' just to be sure. If it does work, it's not a perminent solution but
> > it's a start.
>
> Ok. But same result.
>
> > > USE="x86 oss avi crypt cups encode foomaticdb gif jpeg kde libg++ mad
> > > mikmod mpeg ncurses nls pdflib png quicktime spell truetype xml2 xmms
> > > xv ...
> > > tiff transcode trusted uclibc usagi usb v4l videos xfs xine xinerama
> > > xosd xvid -apm"
> >
> > That's a lot of use flags!
>
> I used ufed and checked them just to be sure ...
>
> > I take it whois doesn't use a configure script. Actually, another idea
> > would be to kill your PORTAGE_TMPDIR (rm -rf /var/tmp/portage). Try that
> > before the above because the problem should be fixed if it works.
> > Otherwise, sounds like something wrong with sandboxing.
>
> Did rm -rf /var/tmp/portage - nothing. Whats that sandboxing thing. Can
> I disable or emerge it? I really don't want to install and compile it
> all again.

The sandboxing is what you turned off earlier. After a failed bash emerge, try
going to /var/tmp/portage/bash-<version>/work/bash-<version> and then
running ./configure and seeing what happens. If it's not a problem with
sandboxing and you have a /bin/sh symlink then I have no idea what is wrong,
though.

Jason