On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 02:31:06AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 02:01, Adam Scriven wrote:
> If you ran it from your .xinitrc then it should already be "system-wide" for
> your user session. I've had problems similar to what you're seeing with
> openoffice with some apps. I fixed that by changing conversion from
> on-the-spot to over-the-spot in qtconfig. I don't know how that would be done
> outside of kde.

As for system-wide, I meant for everyone by default, but thinking about it
that may not be the best idea.

> > The problem I have now is, window titles are in Korean. *lol* I think I
> > know how to fix that, by not setting the LANG variable, I'm going to test
> > that after I send this e-mail.
>
> Instead of LANG=ko_KR.euckr, use LC_CTYPE. If you explicitly set LANG=en_??
> Korean input should still work.

AH. yeah, that was it!
Thanks for that.

> > Maybe I'm not clear on how it's supposed to work?  How I'd like it to run
> > is, it runs in english except when you're inputting different languages (by
> > typing shift-space to toggle), or unless a webpage/document is coded in
> > korean (you'd still need to toggle to korean to input, but it should
> > display in it's native language).
>
> How you'd like it to run is how I'm running my system for Japanese now. The
> input of Korean is almost there. The display of Korean is a different story.
> For that you'll have to set Mozilla to auto-detect the encoding and make sure
> the fonts configured for that/those encoding(s) include Korean characters.

OK, Input is working for some things (GAIM, XChat).  It's not working for
Mozilla (Firebird, BTW), hitting shift-space just gives me a space.  Still
just getting blank squares in OpenOffice too.

I wonder if anyone else on the list has had problems like this, and gotten
it working?  I can't be the only person to try and get English/Korean working
in a non-KDE desktop, can I?

Thanks for all your help getting the input working Jason, it's almost there.
Hopefully we can get the rest working.  Anyone else wanna jump in and lend
a hand?
;)

Adam