On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 03:40:57AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 03:17, Adam Scriven wrote:
> > OK, Input is working for some things (GAIM, XChat).  It's not working for
> > Mozilla (Firebird, BTW), hitting shift-space just gives me a space.  Still
> > just getting blank squares in OpenOffice too.
>
> I just tried OpenOffice and found I'm getting the same thing - but have fixed
> it. OpenOffice needs to know about a font that supports Korean. If you've got
> the default setup, then probably none of them do. OpenOffice's fonts are
> in /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/fonts. What I did was:
>
> # cp -R /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/fonts/* /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
> # rm -rf /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/fonts
> # ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/fonts
>
> There's probably a better way, but I don't know what it is. Baekmuk fonts
> install to /usr/share/fonts, btw.

I guess that brings up another question that I've never thought of before...
How do you add fonts to the X font path?  baekmuk is (as you said) installed
in /usr/share/fonts, but Hanterm can't find it there.  OpenOffice has it's
own fonts.  Does anyone know how to reference all the fonts on a system
properly?  Since Baekmuk is installed in /usr/share/fonts, there must be
a way to reference it there.

Thanks!
Adam