Matthew --

I don't want to bust your bubble... but scanning 35mm slides is not
something that should be done with <$300 scanners.  No if you want any
kind of quality.  It might be ok if you are just trying to build an
"index"/"thumb gallery" of your pictures.

To truly scan a slide into the computer, all of the docs that I have
read say a minimum of 2000 dpi is required.  This translates into a
special purpose film/slide scanner (Nikon is one) in the range of $1500
to $1800.

-rdg

--
It is vital to remember that information is not knowledge; that
knowledge is not wisdom; and that wisdom is not foresight.