I have heard the same for Epson scanners except for the ones that end in '70. They are reported to hate linux.

-- Alma

Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
I don't have a USB scanner (just an old Microtek IISP) but the linux newsgroup I hang out in seems to like Epson scanners as they have pretty good support for Linux. The Epson 1660 was mentioned as well as the 2400, and 3200 series.