---------- quoting Joshua Banks ----------
> Matthias, I did an "emerge sync" and then "emerge -uD
> x11-libs/openmotif"
>
> It's emerging 6 pkgs. So this is going to take alittle bit on Dial-up.

ok, good luck ;)

> Please teach me what you did here:
> > This file belongs to package openmotif.
>
> I'm assuming that you used "qpkg". But what options and arguments did
> you use. If you didn't use qpkg, then what?

np, I first did an

$ locate libXm.so.3

to find out where this file lives on my system. Afterwards, a normal

$ qpkg -f /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3

should do...

Greetings, Matthias

--
Bart:   Oh, cheer up, Mom.  You can't buy publicity like that.  Thousands
        and thousands of people saw your pretzels injuring Whitey Ford.

Homer:  You can call them Whitey-whackers!

                -- Homer Simpson
                   The Twisted World of Marge Simpson