On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Eric Paynter wrote:

> Thomas T. Veldhouse said:
> > Any chance you are running "~arch" rather than "arch"?  The
> > default "stable" gentoo tree seems to create the libraries (which
> > contain STL) and the headers correctly.
>
> Not running "~" right now, but it could have been the last time gcc
> was built. If so, then recompiling gcc seems a lot more likely to
> fix this...

Then let me eliminate that one.  Fresh install, complete to repartitioning
hard drives, and I've got the same problem.  I've never used the ~i386 or
any other ~ flags.  One reason I'm switching to gentoo us because I'm
tired of the unstability of some of the other distros...  (IE: Fedora)
(Plus the stage 1 install is easier to do than Debian, beleive it or
not.)

Krikket