Neal Lippman wrote:
On Tuesday 20 January 2004 02:42 pm, Dan Egli wrote:

I am trying to emerge KDE. But everytime I do it starts compiling arts
which then dies in the conifg script saying unknown STL type.
'configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install
libstdc++-devel ?"'

I searched on the net and found on a mailinglist archive that you need
to install STLport package. So I emerge STLport, no prob. Re-run emerge
kde, and it still dies at the same place!

Help? Why isn't emerge finding the dependancy of STL for ARTS and
pulling the package?

Same problem, solved with the help of this list. You need to emerge gcc and then retry the emerge of arts. That fixed it for me, and I am told a bug has been filed on this already.

nl

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

Try re-emerging binutils then try kde again...I think that's what worked for me.
-Isaac

--
Microsoft is not the answer.
Microsoft is the question.