Alan wrote:

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:48:12AM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:

There's lots of "use 2.6" messages here, but does anyone have a list of
what doesnt work/needs work list for general desktop machines before I
take the leap?

It's not really a leap as you can swap kernels back and forth with only a reboot, no need to recompile everything or any such sillyness :)

Personally I have problems with my logitech mx700 mouse (ps2). There were speed issues (different sampling method or something) which are
solved with a kernel parameter (search the archives) but with the same
X config my extra buttons and scroll wheel have stopped working
properly. This is the only reason I'm not back with 2.4 for my desktop :-\

alan

Hmm, my mouse wheel (Fujitsu-Siemens mouse) does work. Here's the XF86Config section,
maybe it helps (snipped all the comments). XF86 version is 4.3.0:

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier  "Mouse1"
   Driver      "mouse"
   Option "Protocol"    "imps/2"