Alexander Klink wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:17:32AM +0100, Arne Vogel wrote:

Well, 3D-Hardware-Acceleration will not work until NVIDIA provides an updated driver.

Hmmm, weird, I downloaded the latest driver from the NVIDIA site and
it seems to work quite well using 2.6.1

The newest version now works, thx!

Apart from that, the kernel-included "nv" driver seems to work without problems (tested on GeForce 5200FX).

Not for me, somehow 2.6.1 and nv seemed to have some problems (messed up
graphics when starting X)

experience problems. The system responsitivity under heavy I/O load ("tar xjf"...) was greatly improved, so personally I hope these 2 things that prevent me from switching, non-working Hardware OpenGL and ADSL, are fixed soon...

Is kernel pppoe that much better performance-wise? I still run the
old system on my router, mainly out of lazyness ...

rp-pppoe is user space, and I don't mind. The problem was that ADSL didn't run at all,
but adding the "ppp for sync tty" module now fixed it.

Another thing I noticed was broken in 2.6.1 on my Debian machine was
the IHC dhcp server - it complained because it was compiled with a 2.4
kernel, a simple recompile solved the problem, though.

Greetings,
Alex