Hi,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:17:32AM +0100, Arne Vogel wrote:
> Well, 3D-Hardware-Acceleration will not work until NVIDIA provides an
> updated driver.
Hmmm, weird, I downloaded the latest driver from the NVIDIA site and
it seems to work quite well using 2.6.1

> Apart from that, the kernel-included "nv" driver seems
> to work without problems (tested on GeForce 5200FX).
Not for me, somehow 2.6.1 and nv seemed to have some problems (messed up
graphics when starting X)

> experience problems. The system responsitivity under heavy I/O load
> ("tar xjf"...) was greatly improved, so personally I hope these 2 things
> that prevent me from switching, non-working Hardware OpenGL and ADSL,
> are fixed soon...
Is kernel pppoe that much better performance-wise? I still run the
old system on my router, mainly out of lazyness ...

Another thing I noticed was broken in 2.6.1 on my Debian machine was
the IHC dhcp server - it complained because it was compiled with a 2.4
kernel, a simple recompile solved the problem, though.

Greetings,
                Alex