On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:45:11 -0800
Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> QUESTION - When will the Alsa emerges understand that we need to
> update Alsa INTO the kernel source code tree so that we can match a
> new Alsa with the version of the kernel we are running?

In fairness to the ebuild developers, there is probably not (yet) a
standard way to do this.  Check with the alsa developers to see if they
have devised a way to make patches from their latest CVS available to
merge into the kernel tree for roll your own alsa support.  You're on
the cutting edge, and most of us don't need anything more that what is
currently released, so don't expect anyone to stand on their hands to
deliver what is essentially a one-off requirement.  Volunteer to the
alsa group to help them develop what you need; then supply some ebuilds
via bugzilla.

--
Collins - Denver Area -
Gentoo stable kernel 2.6.2-rc1