Hi Aaron,

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 11:00, Stephen Liu wrote:

cat /etc/fstab found following difference.

ReiserFS changed to xfs;
/dev/ROOT        /        xfs        noatime            0 0

following line being added;
none            /dev/shm    tmpfs        defaults   0 0

This happened to me last night, while at work, even though I backed up
fstab first ("cp /etc/fstab /etc/fstab.orig"), before running
etc-update. Some how, both fstab and fstab.orig had the same contents
(the default fstab). Weird...

Thanks for your response.

I have not run 'etc-update'. My problem is 'I can't start Gentoo box'. Can you please advise in detail about your fix.

TIA

B.R.
Stephen