On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Ric Messier wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Schafer Frank wrote:

What will I have to do to change from simpleinit to sysv init? Would it be sufficiennt to emerge sysv? Will I have to unmerge simpleinit? I'd like to have my initscripts #!/bin/sh.

Is that the only reason you want a SysV init? A bit odd, especially given:

Thinking about this further, I'm even less sure about the problem you are trying to solve. You might check to see whether sysvinit is already installed as I seem to recall it's part of the base system. I know it's installed on my system and I never asked for it explicitly.

Ric