On Wednesday 23 February 2005 11:49 am, Andrea Barisani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'm sick and tired of witnessing how difficult it is to reasonably
> change a few headers in this mailing lists. While I acknolewdge the fact
> that it's best to warn users before doing something like this I also
> find unmanageable and useless any form of 'voting' for this kind of
> issues. Stripping the Reply-To looked and still looks like a "sensible"
> choice and easily manageable with a decent MUA and some basic
> configrations skills. But apparently my presumptions of considering this
> an "easy" change was mistaken and probably leaving the old setup is the
> best choice since I have no time to discuss this and tell people how to
> configure their MUA.

I agree with you on all counts.  While munging reply-to *is* broken, I
think you did the right thing.  Hopefully, we will be able to move to the
correct use of reply-to at some point in the future.

For all those that think munging the reply-to is correct, please read the
document Andrea linked.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]