On Monday 28 March 2005 10:25, Digby Tarvin wrote:
> After all, the only reason I really want to sit around and wait for a
> compile and build everytime I install a new package is so that I can
> be sure that the binary I am running corresponds to the source that
> I have.

I suggest you to read /etc/make.conf comments, especially DISTDIR
PORTAGE_TMPDIR comments, and everything about "noclean" and "keeptemp"
features.

Feel free to modify it to your likings.
Ciao
        Francesco
--
Linux Version 2.6.12-rc1, Compiled #7 Sun Mar 20 08:26:19 CET 2005
One 1.53GHz AMD Athlon XP Processor, 2.5GB RAM, 3022.84 Bogomips Total