>Well...I don't know what to tell you. I updated to the newest driver
>and it supported xorg. My computer is unfortunately down so I can't
>really tell you what version is installed (argh). It *does* support
>xorg, though. I *know* I was running xorg-x11.

Ati-drivers-8.10.19 is current, and I also have used them with xorg-x11,
although I can't remember if that was with x.org 6.8.0 or 6.8.2.  I
don't use them currently though, and my opinion of ATI's supposed linux
support not really fit for print.  Suffice to say my next laptop will
have Intel or NVidia graphics.

-Richard