Thanks, I'll check what emerge got, & fix if/as needed.

Re ATI-drivers, there's a petition ::

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-27729-0.html&highlight=

Might want to add your sig to it, & convince other Linux people to.

I love ATI, and they were the original linux-supporting vendor. I would guess they got laze because too little saled from linux community -- now we need to convince them that now there *is* enough to be worth their time, *if* the drivers are *good*.

rgh.

Richard Fish wrote:

Well...I don't know what to tell you. I updated to the newest driver
and it supported xorg. My computer is unfortunately down so I can't
really tell you what version is installed (argh). It *does* support
xorg, though. I *know* I was running xorg-x11.

Ati-drivers-8.10.19 is current, and I also have used them with xorg-x11, although I can't remember if that was with x.org 6.8.0 or 6.8.2. I don't use them currently though, and my opinion of ATI's supposed linux support not really fit for print. Suffice to say my next laptop will have Intel or NVidia graphics.

-Richard