Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:43:36 -0500, Dale wrote:

Then again, that is yet another option to have to remember too.
Jeez.
That's why we have EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS :)
Yea but I don't always want it to unmask packages either.  If I was
going to let that be the default,
I thought we were talking about a switch to set the filename to use. That
could be set to a default without turning on autounmask-write.

I may as well run ~amd64.
That does seem a simpler approach, but this is about unmasking, not just
keywording. autounmask is useful to those running ~arch too.

Wouldn't this be like putting package.* back to a file instead of a directory tho? That would seem like one step forward and two steps back. Maybe I am missing something again. I sort of got some "issues" going on around here. :/

I just sort of like the way autounmask did it. It has its drawbacks to tho. If you unmask something and there is a package in the file that you wouldn't think is related, good luck finding that later on when you have a lot of files in there. Needle in the haystack comes to mind. I guess that is when grep or something comes in to the rescue.

To many options sometimes.  o_O

Dale

:-)  :-)