On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 05:28, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:31:00 -0500, Dale wrote:
>>

>>>   * Searching for nvidia* ...
>>> [IP-] [  ] media-video/nvidia-settings-**260.19.29:0
>>> [IP-] [  ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-**275.09.07:0
>>> root@fireball / #
>>>

>>> I'm on the latest of everything that is in the tree.
>>>

>> No you're not. You are mixing ~amd64 drivers and amd64 settings. It is
>> unlikely to be the cause of your crashes, but you've tried all the likely
>> causes.
>>

> I agree.  I don't think it is the settings one either but guess what, I'm
> going to try them too.  I did nvidia for the drivers but never checked the
> settings part.  Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> I'm going to beat this dead horse a little more.  BRB

Have you tried a generic video drive to see if the problem is really related
to video/kernel? Whenever the video was going crazy because kernel
modules/settings/xorg and driver change, I just switch to VESA and see if it
works as it should. Then I can blame video drivers. VESA and no xorg.conf
was my way of testing it.

--
Daniel da Veiga