On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 05:10:40PM -0400, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:

> > Is it simply subscribing to -dev and voicing the conversation there?

> Of course not. But please, do that if you think it will help to steer
> Gentoo to whatever direction do you think is the correct one.
> Personaly I don't think the devs (who, AFAIK, do not receive a single
> dime for working on Gentoo) will appreciate anybody telling them how
> they should do their jobs, the one they do for free. But that's just
> me.

I think so.  Most devs are grateful for (polite) feedback, and take it
into account when doing their work.  I suspect they're unaware of just
how much this change to booting is disliked by Gentoo users.

> No, by "you know what needs to be done" I mean: code. Contribute.
> Become a developer. Make shit happens the way you think it should
> happen.

> Shut up and code. Google it, I didn't come with the phrase.

Just as a matter of interest, how much coding have you done for open
source or free software?  It was conspicuously absent from the CV you
posted here a few days ago.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).