On 11/03/12 16:49, Pandu Poluan wrote:

On Mar 11, 2012 3:59 AM, "András Csányi" <sayusi.a...@gmail.com
<mailto:sayusi.a...@gmail.com>> wrote:

 > Dear All,
 >
 > I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
 > my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu <http://sayusi.hu>, and
the email address is
 > sayusi.a...@sayusi.hu <mailto:sayusi.a...@sayusi.hu>. Unfortunately,
gmail smtp always overwrite the
 > sender email address. If I would like to subscribe for a mailing list
 > with this email address and the email is sent from my local machine
 > the respond always comes to my gmail address which used to
 > authenticate.
 >
 > I have tried to set up my gmail account but doesn't matter what the
 > setup is the sender always will be overwrite. Do you know any solution
 > for this?
 >
 > Thanks in advance!
 >
 > András

See my email address? It's actually sent from Gmail. BUT, I have my own
hosted website (with its own SMTP server).

Without your own SMTP server, Gmail will always send your email as
"some...@gmail.com <mailto:some...@gmail.com> on behalf of
some...@yourdomain.com <mailto:some...@yourdomain.com>".

That's also wrong. I use "From:" addresses that don't have any SMTP associated with them. GMail only touches the "Sender:" address, not the "From:" address.