On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Peter Humphrey
<pe...@humphrey.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Monday 17 September 2012 16:57:49 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>
>> so what? is power managment not a good idea on a desktop
>
> Not on this one, no. It spends its life running BOINC applications. You
> know, contributing something back for all the help I've gained.

I believe that's the beauty of options like CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND. If you
leave the machine running crunching numbers (of whatever), with
USB_SUSPEND the devices not used (say, the backup disk you transfer to
the results of your crunching every weekend) can be suspended, saving
a little bit of power.

You don't leave the monitor turned on and disable the power off
features of it, right?

Really, I think many others have contributed enough reasons to make it
obvious that there is no reason to not turn on this kind of options in
the kernel.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés