Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I guess it is good for the folks that use water cooling tho.  I run
> plenty cool and quiet with air so I'm not planning to switch.  I still
> like my CPUs to be bare when possible then purchase my cooler separately.

For me, it's basic thermodynamics. Water as a (liquid at working temperatures)
fluid, moves orders of magnitude more heat than air (as working fluid) does,
Sure Glycol or TEG (Tetraethylene Glycol) is best, but I do not have time
to find a non corrosive, non conducting fluid in lieu of water (although
Silicone
brake fluid or DOT-5 might just do the trick). Sorry for the digression.....

The only caveat, is to get a cooling system, that is made of robust, quality
components. Also, monitoring the temperature is important, and it'd be
nice to have a micro pressure transmitter, downstream of the pumping mechanism
to ensure no leaks by detecting tiny leaks BEFORE they happen (delta-P).

The quite nature of water cooling is keen for me (old ears do not
filter out noise so well anymore....)

I see other AMD processors (FX8150) with a water cooler included, but not the
FX8350? (googling came up short).... on Amazon or elsewhere for sale.

I did find this:
http://www.asetek.com/liquid-cpu-cooling.html

suggesting on cost effective water cooling for the FX8350?

James