James wrote:
> Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I guess it is good for the folks that use water cooling tho.  I run
>> plenty cool and quiet with air so I'm not planning to switch.  I still
>> like my CPUs to be bare when possible then purchase my cooler separately.
> For me, it's basic thermodynamics. Water as a (liquid at working temperatures)
> fluid, moves orders of magnitude more heat than air (as working fluid) does,
> Sure Glycol or TEG (Tetraethylene Glycol) is best, but I do not have time
> to find a non corrosive, non conducting fluid in lieu of water (although
> Silicone
> brake fluid or DOT-5 might just do the trick). Sorry for the digression.....
>
> The only caveat, is to get a cooling system, that is made of robust, quality
> components. Also, monitoring the temperature is important, and it'd be
> nice to have a micro pressure transmitter, downstream of the pumping mechanism
> to ensure no leaks by detecting tiny leaks BEFORE they happen (delta-P).
>
> The quite nature of water cooling is keen for me (old ears do not
> filter out noise so well anymore....)
>
> I see other AMD processors (FX8150) with a water cooler included, but not the
> FX8350? (googling came up short).... on Amazon or elsewhere for sale.
>
> I did find this:
> http://www.asetek.com/liquid-cpu-cooling.html
>
> suggesting on cost effective water cooling for the FX8350?
>
> James

Well, my air cooling system is quiet.  I can't hear the fans.  Actually,
the top case fan makes more noise when it is cool than when it is warm
and spinning fast.  I think it is out of balance and wobbles around in
there when spinning slow.  I have to either make it go faster or buy a
new fan.  Anyway, while compiling something like LOo, gcc or something
that takes a long while and really uses the CPU, the highest temp I have
ever seen is 105F for the CPU and it was pretty warm in this room so I
turned on the A/C.  That temp is on air.  Again, I have a Cooler Master
HAF-932 case with the giant 230mm fans.  I'm serious, my bed is like 3
feet away and I can NOT hear the computer at all, not even when
compiling something when the room is warm.

Also, I don't like liquids around my computer.  I keep a glass of sweet
tea on the head of my bed but I NEVER place any liquid close enough it
could spill on my computer.  I don't even trust myself because accidents
happen.  I just don't like water or other liquids around my computer. I
never have and likely never will.  As long as a CPU can be cooled by
air, I plan to use air.  This is my cooler:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118059

I bought the best cooler I could get at the time that was within reason
price wise.  It's large, efficient, has a large quiet fan and it does a
really good job on temps.  I also used a really good thermal compound too.

I'm not saying others shouldn't use water, I'm just saying I don't plan
to use it until I have no choice but to.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!