On 2013-04-06 8:31 AM, kwk...@hkbn.net <kwk...@hkbn.net> wrote:
Almost, except you should not specify a name that is also eth[0-9]+
(what you called 'traditional' name), since it can cause a race
condition where the kernel and udev fight for the name.  While it used
to be the case (i.e. <udev-197) that udev tries to handle the race
condition, the devs has decided to remove those code.

Ok, thanks, I *think* I've got a handle on this now (sorry for being so dense)...

So, other than userland scripts that I created myself and know where they live, where do I search for any files/scripts created/generated/maintained by the system, for references to eth0/1 to change to net0/1? Is it just /etc/conf.d?