Thanasis <thanasis <at> asyr.hopto.org> writes:

> Currently, that would be version 3.10.28.
> I know I can specify it like so,
> emerge =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.10.28

Opps, I did not read very deeply, still on first java_fix....

> but then it would not get "auto-updated" when a newer version of that
> series (for example 3.10.29) becomes available in portage.

Once the newer kernel series come out, the newer versions
of a series (usually) slow way down on being delivered.

Maybe a wildcard with the kernel series name in  your "world"
file might work.

At some point, the long kernel series revisions are usually
only about tweaking a few given features. If that is your
situation, dig into the kernel sources, read the docs and
find the guy hacking on that option. Many will add additional
testers, if you know what your are doing.

Alternatively, run a cron job where you manually query
the gentoo-sources can parse out what you wnat by
kernel series number, and then mail that to yourself,
if it is all that important....

hth,
James