On 30/01/2014 17:25, James wrote:
> As part of the open source community, I would think you have a
> repsonsibility to *reward those vendors that work generously with the
> greater open source community* ?

No, not actually. The only responsibility he has is to do whatever he
feels like doing.

It is nice to favour vendors who work with us but no-one is obligated to
do so; trying to so is enforcing your moral code on another. That other
is free to entirely reject your moral code at will.

I get what you are saying but your statement is more accurate if you
omit or change the word "responsibility". It does not belong.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com