Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:

> Please don't use pastebin sites - if your output is too long to copy and
paste into the body of the message,
> then please attach it as a plain text file. If you name it output.txt then
most people, with GUI mail
> clients, will be able to read it just by double-clicking.

> Most pastebin services expire old pastes periodically (not to mention that
pastebin services are hardly
> profitable, and close down all the time) whereas these mailing list
messages are archived in multiple
> places and are referenced for years.

> If you attach these files as plain text then they'll be archived, useful
to other people with the same
> problem in the future.

I'll agree, this is excellent advise. However, I use game.org to read
and post to gentoo-user. So how do you attached a txt file to
those postings via gmane? Options to get the txt file attachemnent into the
proper record?

Gmane refuses to post long replies. Gmane allows one to read and post
from a variety of machines, particularly useful when one locks up
one's main workstation, which I have done of several occasions, and have
to use gmane to recover with the aid of the gentoo-user list:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user

curiously,
James