On 10/07/2014 12:11, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:48:47 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>
>> Not so much slipping, more like new job, new employer.
>>
>> It used to go like this:
>>
>> Q: Alan, can I ... <insert something stupid here>?
>> A: No. Because I said so. Now piss off.
>>
>> I don't have quite the same street credd here yet, so now it's more
>> like:
>>
>> Q: Alan, can I ... <insert something stupid here>?
>> A: I don't recommend that because ... <insert some politely worded
>> well-thought out rationale here>
>
> There must be some substantial benefits to compensate for all that
> tongue-biting :)

Oh yes, there's a benefit all right. I'm now back in a place I was 3
years OK:

When I go home at night, I don't suffer from an over-powering urge to
murder my kids, dogs, wife and generally visit havoc and destruction on
all humanity.

My wife says I'm a nice guy again. She didn't like living with that
imposter.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com