Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> Q: Alan, can I ... <insert something stupid here>?
> >> A: I don't recommend that because ... <insert some politely worded
> >> well-thought out rationale here>

A politically correct Alan?   RUBBISH   mate   rubbish!
(howz my tone?)

> > There must be some substantial benefits to compensate for all that
> > tongue-biting :)
> Oh yes, there's a benefit all right. I'm now back in a place I was 3
> years OK:
> When I go home at night, I don't suffer from an over-powering urge to
> murder my kids, dogs, wife and generally visit havoc and destruction on
> all humanity. My wife says I'm a nice guy again. She didn't like living
> with that  imposter.

Yes, I too had to give up 'riding the tiger' some years ago. It's really
bad on your health.  I found being wise with money and enjoying my
(limited consulting) work leaves me with a far more rewarding life,
and a lower tax bill.

;-)

James