2005/9/17, Dave Nebinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > So for example lp* stays (it's another one that disappears), all hdc?
> > stays, but hdc still is not there. File devices.tar.bz2 is updated by
> > system and it has not hdc.
> > What else can I do?
>
> Not use the tarball option?
>
> I mean, seriously, are you really seeing it's saving you anything at boot?
> I couldn't tell any noticeable difference, so I've been running w/o tarball
> for months...
>
> --

With RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" lp* and all hdc? except hdc stays, and I
can see "saving device nodes" not at boot but when shutting
down/reboot.
With RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="no" hdc is created, and lp*, hdc? does not exist.

I'll try to emerge sync now...
It is really strange. I haven't ever had such symptoms, even when I
switched from 2.4/devfsd to 2.6/udev.