On 08/01/20 09:26, Mick wrote:
> The OS Product Key for a Win 7 will not work on a Win 10, unless the free
> upgrade option had been performed before July 2016.  At least it has not
> worked here ...  You'll need a Product Key, Digital License, or a Microsoft
> Account which has been linked to an activated Windows 10 Digital License.

I don't know what the date MS announced was, but this tactic certainly
worked after that - I did it myself. The key statement there is "NEVER
been used". If MS recognises the key, it will fail.

(I'm actually going to have a crack at it myself again, I've just
acquired a Win7 laptop - nice spec - that's pretty much unaltered
original so I'm guessing it's never been re-installed and the key used.)

Cheers,
Wol