On 12/12/2020 12:25 PM, Dan Egli wrote:
> Hmmm, looks like a missing or corrupted firmware file is failing to
> load. Observe:
>
> On 12/12/2020 11:48 AM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>
>> platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed
>> with error -2
>> cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db
>> nvme mvme0: missing or invalid SUBNQN field
>>
> I'd say, off my head, that your regulatory.db file has gotten corrupted.
> I'd suggest booting from a rescue CD, chrooting into your main
> partition, and reinstalling your firmware. It mentions the wireless, of
> course (cfg80211) but also it looks like either the firmware or the
> driver for your nvme system has gotten corrupted. It's obviously
> present, but it's complaining about missing information. You may want to
> go ahead and re-compile the kernel and the modules.If you're using
> genkernel I'd even go so far as to suggest a mrproper. Just to ensure
> that EVERYTHING is cleaned out. Then let genkernel rebuild everything.
> Another option, although one I dislike for _purely ascetic_ reasons,
> would be to just grab the gentoo-kernel-bin package. That's a
> precompiled kernel with a lot of stuff enabled as modules. It could very
> well be helpful in getting your system back on it's feet.

 I took care of this error, it was about cfg80211 enable wireless
support (which I don't have) so I disable it in .config.
But  when I generate initframes I'm getting a warning:

genkernel --install --kernel-config=/usr/src/linux/.config initramfs

* WARNING... WARNING... WARNING...
* Additional kernel parameters that *may* be required to boot properly:
*
* With support for several ext* filesystems available, it may be needed to
* add "rootfstype=ext3" or "rootfstype=ext4" to the list of boot parameters.

Which grub file I edit to add support for "rootfstype=ext4" ?