Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> Click the Plasma widget for your virtual desktops, go into Settings,
> see if the keystrokes are listed there.
> If not, in your settings app there is somewhere an applet for
> assigning keystrokes to actions. It tends to be hidden so you gonna
> have to search for it.
> There you can assign any keystroke you want to an action. I like
> Ctrl-Alt-arrow to virtual desktop up/down/left/right.
> Setting the wrap function to true in virtual desktop settings helps
> with this.
>
> You might want to take a long look into your soul and examine why
> exactly you want 18 virtual desktops. I have 4 and sometimes that is
> excessive :-)
>

> Alan

I've looked through there before.  I just looked again.  I found
keyboard shortcuts for basically everything else.  Nothing about virtual
desktops tho.  I can't even find where the current keys, F3 etc, are
defined.  You said it is likely hidden, I believe it.  I've looked
through everything that might have keyboard shortcuts in it and clicked
every icon and tab under each icon, nothing.  I started by right
clicking the virtual desktop thingy, I went from there and pretty much
looked through everything.  Right clicking the virtual desktop is a sub
menu of system settings.  Still, I went through it pretty good.  I did
find where one can switch through applications but I'm not sure if that
will do what I need.

Right now, 13 of the 18 virtual desktops are in use.  For some things, I
have a sequence I go through and each desktop is used for a particular
thing. I also have different profiles of Firefox that have certain
add-ons installed.  I've found that having to many add-ons installed
tends to cause problems with Firefox.  Either they clash or it just bogs
Firefox down.  It is a lot of desktops but there is method to it.
Generally, I can click on a virtual desktop and know exactly what is on
it and vice versa.

I also looked for the wrap thing.  I don't see it either.  Maybe I'm
missing a USE flag or something???

Dale

:-)  :-)