Mark Knecht wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 12:59 PM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I've googled for this several times when I got a few minutes.  So far, I
> > don't see a way to do this.  As some know, I'm on the path to building a
> > new rig.  Some of you are about to see why that is.  I have 18 virtual
> > desktop thingys here.  Sadly, quite often something is on all of them.
> > That and the age of my current system is why I want to build a new rig.
> > Anyway, I sometimes need to switch to another desktop but the plasma
> > thingy at the bottom is slow or not responding.  I can switch with the
> > function keys up until about 10.  After that, those keys seems to be
> > used for something else or I just run out of function keys.  There's
> > only 12 of them on my keyboard anyway.  I'm six short.
> >
> > Is there a way with the keyboard to switch to a desktop above 10?  Even
> > if it just switches up one at a time, that would work.  Say switch to 10
> > and then keep hitting a set of keys to go to 11, then 12, then 13 etc
> > etc.  Eventually, I get to the one I want.
> >
> > Ideas?  Is this possible?
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > :-)  :-)
> >
> > P. S. Dug out my older Gigabyte 770T mobo.  Found the CPU that used to
> > be on it and installed it and a OEM cooler.  Got a new power supply
> > too.  It seems the video card is bad that used to be on it.  New one on
> > the way.  This could be a new torrent box and/or NAS box.  Maybe.
>
> I know it doesn't answer your question the way you'd like but I'm set
> up so
> that my mouse touching the upper left corner of my left-hand monitor
> shows all
> apps on all desktops. I have 3 monitors and 6 desktops and often have
> 8-10 apps
> running, sometimes more, and showing them all just allows me to get to
> the
> app I'm looking for without having to remember which desktop they are on.
>
> Hope you find the answer you're looking for.
>
> Mark

I did that at one time.  At the time, my video card was a bit to slow
for that.  I kinda liked it and would likely get used to it if I used it
enough.  I'd forgot about it tho.  My current video card may can handle
all that better tho.  May think on that.  I seem to recall it can be
done with the keyboard as well.

My real problem, the little plasma thing at the bottom sometimes hangs.
It eventually starts working again but if I need to be on another
desktop, it doesn't work.  I can tell when it is hung, the clock stops
changing the seconds.  Sometimes it hangs for a minute or two.  Annoying
as heck.  Thinking about renaming the kde directory and starting with
fresh config files.  It's been a while since I did that and it tends to
help with weird stuff like that.

Thanks for reminding me.  May look into that again.

Dale

:-)  :-)