On Mon, Jun 3, 2024 at 5:12 AM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Graphics Capabilities
>
> Graphics Model  AMD Radeon™ Graphics
> Graphics Core Count 2
> Graphics Frequency 2200 MHz
>
> That said, I have a little 4 port graphics card I'd like to use anyway.

The CPU you picked indeed has integrated graphics.  I didn't check,
but I suspect the integrated graphics are way better in every way than
the little 4-port graphics card you'd prefer.  Unless you really need
those extra outputs, I'd use the integrated graphics, and then you
have a 16x slot you can use for IO.

> The more I think on this, the more I don't like spending this much money
> on a mobo I don't really like at all.  It seems all the mobo makers want
> is flashy crap.  I want a newer and faster machine but with options to
> expand like my current rig.

Ok, what EXACTLY are you looking for, as you didn't really elaborate
on what this board is missing.  It sounds like the ability to
interface more drives?  You have a free 16x slot.  Stick and HBA in it
and you can interface a whole bunch of SATA drives.  With the right
board you could even put NVMe in there.

Any board you buy is going to be expensive.  They went the LGA route
which makes the boards more expensive, and for whatever reason the
prices have all been creeping up.

Most of the IO on consumer CPUs these days tends to be focused on USB3
and maybe a few M.2 drives.  They're very expandable, but not for the
sorts of things you want to use them for.

You might be happier with a server/workstation motherboard, but
prepare to pay a small fortune for those unless you buy used, and the
marketing is a bit cryptic as they tend to be sold through
integrators.

--
Rich