byte.size...@simplelogin.com wrote:

> On 03/06/2024 10:12, Dale wrote:
>>  From this link:
>>
>> https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-5-7600x.html
>>

>> Graphics Capabilities
>>
>> Graphics Model  AMD Radeon™ Graphics
>> Graphics Core Count 2
>> Graphics Frequency 2200 MHz
>>

> Yes, the 7600X will have a built in GPU - you're good.
>
> I finally upgraded last year to a proper desktop mid tower, after more
> than 15y, and went for the 7900X - I'm extremely happy with it.
>
> From the Ryzen 7000-series desktop AMD started including a [basic] GPU
> on almost all of their CPUs so I wouldn't worry about it, as long as
> you keep your expectations reasonable.
>
> Prior, it used to be that only the G/GT SKU would have a built-in GPU
> while everything else required a dedicated GPU. 7000-series changed
> that but also the GPU is a bit lower spec compared to what used to be
> the G-tier. On the other hand the G tier were lower clocked and not
> always 'overclockable' if that's something you care about. To make it
> more confusing, they released the Ryzen 8000 series which is
> essentially the same Zen 4 architecture, but has the missing G tier
> SKUs with the GPU essentially having more compute cores. But 8000
> series does not have X-tier "unlocked" SKUs.
>
> Anyway, the point is if you don't care about GPU 'horsepower' you'll
> probably be fine with the 7000X series CPUs built in one. If you do,
> *maybe* consider 8000G series. However, I would always recommend that
> if you need a better GPU, then getting a dedicated 2nd hand, older
> generation GPU would yield considerably better value for money.
>
> Beware of Rant:
>
> Can CPU/GPU companies please get their crappy naming schemes in order?
>
> AMD is once again trying to copy Intel's naming scheme which has long
> been the 'root of all evil'. On top of that they are also making it
> worse when bumping the first digit, without actually introducing a
> tangible generation uplift but rather a complementary set of SKUs.
>
> Nvidia is no better. What a lot of rubbish.
>
> Speaking of Nvidia, the 4000-series are an absolute pass for me,
> personally. It's another cash grabbing generation just like the 2000
> series. They're not 'bad' they're just terribly priced and tiered. Not
> to mention the whole re-SKU debacle that happened when they first
> introduced them. Now we're seeing the 'SUPER' sh*t again? Give me a
> break...
>
> - Victor

I'm sure I'll be happy with the system as far as speed and memory goes.
That is a upgrade.  Things like Firefox, LOo and that qtweb package will
go by much faster for sure.  I plan to upgrade later to 7950X.  The rest
of the mobo tho is a downgrade for me.

I don't need much video horsepower at all.  I watch TV from the second
port and the first port is my monitor, surfing the net and all that sort
of stuff.  No games anymore.  I play games on my cell phone nowadays.
My current video card is a GeForce GTX 650.  I can't recall the model of
the one that has four ports.  It's PCIe v2 I think.

I do wish they would use numbers that makes it easier to understand when
you getting something better or not.  Higher number should always mean
something newer and faster.  Heck, even the Linux kernel does that.
Higher number, always newer. Some may not be 'better' tho.  :/  They try
tho.

I wish I could find a mobo like the ASUS but with 3 or 4 more PCIe
slots, even if it means less m.2 things and USB ports.

Dale

:-)  :-)