On 8/5/24 09:58, Wols Lists wrote:
On 05/08/2024 17:30, Daniel Frey wrote:
1. Logins don't work reliably. I use KDE/SDDM and when logging in it appears to start on a new VT and sometime it doesn't start. Or it will start the new VT and fail to switch to it, leaving a text console and a blinking cursor. This didn't happen when using X11.

Last I investigated, sddm had a *hard* dependency on X11. So even if you're running a Wayland system (like I am) you need X installed so that sddm will work.

Daft, I know, but that seems to be the way things are at the moment ...

Cheers,Wol

I even tried enabling wayland for sddm (which is apparently experimental) but it didn't help either.

Both X11 and wayland appear to be installed.

I just find it odd that a lot of DEs (and distros) are defaulting to wayland when it's horribly broken.

Dan