I've been using 3.5.1 for a while also, imo it should stay in unstable
for now.  There are a few bugs with the desktop, Konqueror and
Kaffeine also has a habit of seg-faulting.  I am considering
rebuilding it with the debug flags to I can submit some useful bug
reports.

I think packages in stable should be stable as the name says, not
simply "older than 30 days" or whatever ;-)

- Chris

On 23/03/06, Petr Kocmid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > You do realize the above sentence makes no freakin' sense, right?
> > nope.
> > If I had realized that, I would have not written it.
> > Gentoo was once VERY up to date, but than the 'stable mania' started and
> > since then, gentoo needs way to much time to get new versions into the
> > stable tree.
> > 3.5.0 is out for ages.
> > 3.5.1 is out for ages
> > Stable is 3.4.3...
> > that is so sad.
>
> I am already running 3.5.1 for ages. Perhaps ' so sadness' is no proper
> mental
> attitude to achieve the upgrade. package.keywords is my friend, 300+
> packages
> at bleeding edge versions.
>
> --
>
> Petr